BOX 2: FAMILY MEMENTOS [part 2/2], ca.1913-2010
Box — Box: KIST:2, Box: Folders: Nos. 1-4 [four total]; Objects: Nos. 5-6 [two total]
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: The Kistler family of Sedgwick and Bertha (née Kaul) is inextricably connected to many aspects of Rosemont College's past and future. Initially the Kistlers strived to turn a personal tragedy of losing their only child at a young age into a gift for future generations of Rosemont students. In 1925 the Kistlers and the college’s second president, Mother Mary Ignatius Carroll, met and discussed a college library to be built in honor of their lost child, Gertrude. Throughout the years the Kistlers continued to support the college through periodic renovations of the library, becoming a trustee of the college, and establishing the Kistler Honor Society. This collection contains the important papers and mementos of the Sedgwick Kistler Family. Included are early family tintype photographs, a family scrapbook, newspaper clippings, estate papers, as well as, awards and accolades conferred upon the Kistlers.
- Donohoe, Victoria, '50, 1929-2018 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
From the Collection: 1.25 Linear Feet (4 archival boxes)
Language of Materials
From the Collection: English
D. Riccardi Finding Aid
C-14.05 Library, Gertrude Kistler Memorial 1926, ID:291.
- Degrees, Academic Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Kistler, Bertha C. (née Kaul), 1883-1952
- Kistler, Gertrude, 1908-1920
- Kistler, Sedgwick, 1875-1952
- Photograph albums Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Portrait photographs Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- Watercolors Subject Source: Genre Terms: A Thesaurus for Use in Rare Book and Special Collections Cataloguing