BOX 1: Family Mementos, part 1 of 2, ca.1860-2008
Box — Box: KIST:1, Object: Nos. 1-6 [six total]
Scope and Contents
From the Collection: The Kistler family of Sedgwick and Bertha (née Kaul) is inextricably connected to many aspects of Rosemont College's past and future. Initially the Kistlers strived to turn a personal tragedy of losing their only child at a young age into a gift for future generations of Rosemont students. In 1925 the Kistlers and the college’s second president, Mother Mary Ignatius Carroll, met and discussed a college library to be built in honor of their lost child, Gertrude. Throughout the years the Kistlers continued to support the college through periodic renovations of the library, becoming a trustee of the college, and establishing the Kistler Honor Society. This collection contains the important papers and mementos of the Sedgwick Kistler Family. Included are early family tintype photographs, a family scrapbook, newspaper clippings, estate papers, as well as, awards and accolades conferred upon the Kistlers.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research.
From the Collection: 1.25 Linear Feet (4 archival boxes)
Language of Materials
From the Collection: English
- Kaul, Andrew, 1845-1905
- Lock Haven (Pa.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Logbooks Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbook journaling Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms
- tintypes Subject Source: TGM II, Genre and physical characteristic terms